Feelin’ a little chubby today. Its not a good skinny jeans or even shorts day. After having three babies…my body has not been right since. But rather than stress myself about working out (I’d rather eat a doughnut while fast-walking around the block) or going on some whack diet (diets are no good)…I’m makin’ myself a sandwich.
Not just any kind of sandwich…a Monte Cristo Sandwich!
Make one for yourself! Then put on some comfy loose clothes and enjoy all that fried loveliness!
Monte Cristo Sand-mich
adapted from Hilah Cooking (she’s awesome!)
2 Tablespoons of milk
2 slices of firm or even stale bread
2 teaspoons of mayonnaise (or mustard or butter, depending on your preference)
2 slices of Swiss cheese (any cheese you like)
4 slices of ham
1 or 2 tablespoons butter
How To Make It
- Spread some mayonnaise on each piece of bread.
- Layer cheese and ham on the mayonnaise side of two pieces of bread: cheese, ham, cheese.
- Top with the other pieces of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Beat the egg with the milk in a bowl until combined.
- Lightly dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, covering each side, and letting the excess egg drip off. Set aside while the skillet heats.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Put the sandwiches in the hot skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cut into halves place on a plate and enjoy!
- To make your sandwich even more wonderful sprinkle some powdered sugar on it and serve with a side of raspberry jam! Oh Snap!…you just gained five pounds!