Spring is here! Flowers are blooming…birds are singing at 5am in the morning…bees are buzzing by your ears (that drives me insane)…bugs are biting at your exposed skin…pollen is causing most of us to sneeze, cry, rub the crap out of our eyes…isn’t it lovely?
Really enjoy this time of year. Love it even more cause strawberries are in season!
Ever find yourself in the produce section at the grocery store standing in front of a huge display of fresh plump strawberries and you want to buy them but your not sure what to do with them?
Well my good friends…no worries! There are plenty of great things you can make with some fresh strawberries.
Yes! Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread. Its moist, not to sweet and you’ll probably eat it in one day! That’s how good it is.
Aren’t you happy? I just gave you an excuse to buy a gazillion fresh strawberries!
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinse, dried and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch or a 10 x 5 loaf pan.
3.With an electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mix until combined. Mix in vanilla.
4. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
5. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick. Pour mixture into prepared pan using a rubber spatula.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and using a toothpick, insert in the middle and it comes out clean (that means its done).
Make sure to refrigerate what you don’t eat…it will last longer (2-3 days).
recipe adapted from my baking addiction